*Every Thursday we introduce you to another quick bedtime story about our family’s favorite resident reptile – Baby Frederico. The backstory can be found here. Below is the very first story I told our first daughter about Baby Frederico, more than 16 years ago. Enjoy!
Baby Frederico loves his Momma Mia and Papá Frita, his buddy Grenelda the Grasshopper, blue crayons, popcorn…and ice-cube popsicles. Here is his story:
Baby Frederico was ready for his big day, for this was the morning that he would find his favorite color! What color do you think he’ll choose?
– As he stepped outside on this bright August morning, he saw a big yellow sun smiling down at him.
– He walked quietly through the brown woods just behind his home and found a beautiful stream of blue, sparkling water.
– The glimmering orange colors of several lost goldfish who found their way into the stream caught his eye.
– His best green buddy, Grenelda the Grasshopper, was waiting for him and sat on a gray rock on the opposite bank of the little blue stream.
So many colors! What would Baby Frederico do?
– Grenelda waved to him with a big white ribbon that she won at a recent cello contest at school.
– Baby Frederico waved back with a big purple ribbon that he won at a recent running contest at school.
Little drops of rain began to fall and Baby Frederico and Grenelda decide to head for home. As they came out of the brown woods, the white clouds in the blue sky cleared, the rain stopped, and the friends looked up to see Baby Frederico’s favorite color. Can you guess what it was?