*Every Thursday we introduce you to another quick bedtime story about our family’s favorite resident reptile – Baby Frederico. His backstory can be found here. Enjoy!
Baby Frederico loves his Momma Mia and Papá Frita, his buddy Grenelda the Grasshopper, blue crayons, popcorn and…books (can you believe it!?). Here is something new:
April 3, 2014
This is Baby Frederico and I have an idea. I’m so glad you have been reading about my adventures every week for nearly eight months! Since I am now a major part of this website and my picture is showing up on facebook and twitter every week, I was thinking about something. I like to read too, so I would like to give you a few book reviews of my own, from the very unique perspective of a pint-size green reptile of course.
This week I’ll just start with a few of my favorite picture books of all time, the books that really got me reading and excited about books. I’ll review others in the weeks ahead. Here we go…
1. A Color of His Own by Leo Lionni- it stars a chameleon who finds a true friend. No wonder I love it!
2. An Extraordinary Egg by Leo Lionni – green reptiles all over this book, and it’s funny!
3. It’s Mine by Leo Lionni – three green frogs learn a good lesson. This Leo Lionni guy is a rock star!
4. The Crows of PearlBlossom by Aldous Huxley – the snake is not nice in this story, but the joke’s on him!
5. Art and Max by David Weisner- two cool reptiles and awesome illustrations! My favorite book cover, too!
Reading is the thing,