*Every Friday we serve you an “a la carte” style list of 5 unique videos, articles, ideas, etc. from all kinds of locations. (If you are viewing this blog through your email subscription, please follow the link to our website to view all videos.) See you next week…
We explored perspective this week, so here are five ideas about the topic:
2. A great article for parents about how we might take into account the ways in which children see everyday life from their own developmental perspective: http://www.pbs.org/parenttales/childview.htm
3. Perspective by Ellen Galinsky – this author quickly became one of my favorite voices during my years in grad school. If you haven’t read her work, The Six Stages of Parenthood, it is a fascinating book.
4. A child’s perspective: Is It Better to Be Single or Married?
- “You should ask the people who read Cosmopolitan” -Kirsten, AGE 10
- “It’s better for girls to be single but not for boys. Boys need somebody to clean up after them” -Anita, AGE 9
- “It gives me a headache to think about that stuff. I’m just a kid. I don’t need that kind of trouble.” -Will, AGE 7