*Every Friday we serve you an “a la carte” style list of 5 unique videos, articles, ideas, etc. from all kinds of locations. (If you are viewing this blog through your email subscription, please follow the link to our website to view all videos.) See you next week…
This week we continue the Father Knows Five Christmas Celebration with five outstanding “stocking-stuffer-size” books to consider for young children this holiday season:
1. Cozy Classics Board Books – This is our new favorite series: so far, we have Les Miserables and Moby Dick. The artistic style of these wonderful books, each with one word on each page that captures the essence of these famed classics, is so good.
2. Maurice Sendak’s Nutshell Library (Caldecott Collection) Box Set – this wonderful collection includes Alligators All Around, Chicken Soup with Rice, One Was Johnny, and our favorite Sendak classic, Pierre.
3. The Snowy Day, an Ezra Jack Keats classic in board book form – This is a book for every child’s library, especially during this wintry season.
4. Bill Martin, Jr. made me the happiest reading dad around when he published Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. This book is more fun to read than just about any other book out there. If you don’t have it, stop by your favorite local independent bookshop and take a look. You’ll be hooked from page one. This is the ultimate great example of a read-aloud “dad” book.
5. Jamberry by Bruce Degan – this is among the first books our first daughter ever received. I can still see it setting in the corner of her crib. She loved it when we read this book together.