*Every Friday we serve you an “a la carte” style list of 5 unique videos, articles, ideas, etc. from all kinds of locations. (If you are viewing this blog through your email subscription, please follow the link to our website to view all videos.) See you next week…
1. Hotels with Libraries! “That lady next to you on the plane can Kindle all she wants, but nothing beats picking up a real, weathered book upon arrival at your destination. Check in to one of these awesome hotels with libraries — and some hotels that are libraries — where both the book shopping and scene-setting are done for you.” There is even a hotel with its own library in every room (pic below) – poetry books for the Poetry Room; fairytales for the FairyTale Room, etc.
2. Play-Doh and Learning to Read – all in one place! Sign me up.
3. My daughters flipped out over this gown made entirely from the famous Golden Books of our childhood! For an interview with the creator, click here.
4. Every List Deserves a Cool Star Wars Item – “The classic stormtrooper helmet is one of the coolest visuals from the beloved Star Wars franchise. The iconic visuals recently got a makeover from some of the world’s most famous artists…”
5. A Chinese proverb says, “A book is like a garden carried in a pocket.” This designer helps us see that very possibility right in his own garden! Click on the picture of it below to go to a video that describes this great idea at his website.