*Every Friday we serve you an “a la carte” style list of 5 unique videos, articles, ideas, etc. from all kinds of locations. (If you are viewing this blog through your email subscription, please follow the link to our website to view all videos.) See you next week…
1. To honor the 44th season of “Sesame Street,” Jimmy Fallon and The Roots joined Big Bird, Elmo, Cookie Monster and others from the “Sesame Street” gang to squeeze into a “Late Night” dressing room and sing “Can You Tell Me How to Get to Sesame Street?”
2. Costume Ideas – 21 Children’s Book Characters Born to Be Halloween Costumes!
3. “We cherish books even if unread, for their mere presence exudes comfort.” – A.E. Newton
4. I recently received this tweet from Most Wow Facts: The five most frequently started but unfinished books are: Catch-22, The Lord of the Rings, Ulysses, Moby Dick, and Atlas Shrugged.
5. Sesame Street Interesting Fact – “Aloysius Snuffleupagus is a woolly mammoth Muppet who spent fourteen years as Big Bird’s “imaginary” friend. Whenever adults would appear, Snuffy would vanish by way of coincidence, and the grownups would disbelieve Big Bird that he ever existed. Snuffy was revealed to the entire cast in 1985. According to Martin P. Robison, who plays the character, the producers decided that due to stories of abuse of children, they did not want to portray a situation between adults and a child character who wasn’t believed despite being honest. They were afraid they were giving kids the message that their parents might not listen to them in case they had a “unbelievable” story to tell, such as being sexually abused by a relative.”