*Every Friday we serve you an “a la carte” style list of 5 unique videos, articles, ideas, etc. from all kinds of locations. (If you are viewing this blog through your email subscription, please follow the link to our website to view all videos.) See you next week…
1. My daughter taught me a lesson just four weeks ago that made me think the creator of this video was surely hiding in our closet. I had just started this blog and had my phone at the pool while my kids were swimming, typing away on my first story. Our middle daughter was just learning to dive and wanted me to watch. I tried but never saw a complete dive because the phone was just too connected to me. A week later she spoke with her mom, very matter of fact about it, and just worried that this new writing adventure would gradually “take me away from her.” Ouch!!! I got the message and I am forever grateful that it happened early on. This commercial says it all – disconnect so you can connect. Don’t wait! Here’s the incredible video:
2. Booktracks – creates synchronized soundtracks for e-books that automatically matches music, sound effects and ambient sound to your reading speed to create an immersive reading experience. This is just amazing and fun!
3. Book as Art – here is a unique art gallery in Brooklyn that celebrates the art of the book! The picture below is of a book made with coffee:
4. A Growing Book – this kind of innovation defies description, so you will just have to see it to believe it.
5. Why Teachers Should Read More Children’s Books – a research project has found that teachers who read for pleasure have better book knowledge and feel more confident, calm and stress-free in the classroom! Worthy reading here.